Sunday 5 January 2020

How I started working out - Part 2

My family was my biggest support through out. Mom and Dad were more than willing to come incase I did require a surgery.

Little Sid would keep telling "Mamma, you will be fine soon". In fact he came with me when I tried my first long walk. Kk was my biggest pillar of support. Almost every day when I was in pain and used to wallow in self pity, he would advise support and if nothing worked, crack the silliest of joke to crack me up!

Dr N advised me to take up some form of regular workout to strengthen my core. And also to lose weight especially around the mid-section as it directly affects the spine. I decided to walk everyday no matter what. Started with a few hundred meters initially and went on to 3km everyday. When things were getting better, I had another slip disc around the neck (thoracic). But this time, I recuperated quickly as I was better equipped mentally. 

Learning to handle pain and not to let it bring you down emotionally was my biggest learning through all this. And of course, never to take our health and mobility for granted. There began my journey of working out every day. Even if I miss out due to travel or ill health, I always get back to my routine in a couple of weeks.

Will write more about my workouts in another blog post !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gym

I was the kind who hated gym. Why would someone want to use machines to work out? A walk in the park or a zumba/aerobics session would do ...